23 May 2012

A Splash of Colour

Hi everyone,

 

Just a quick card I wanted to share with you. 

 

I have used the current colour challenge at The Play Date Cafe , Black and White with a splash of Mustard – interesting don’t you think?

 

I was inspired by the current challenge at CASE Study Challenges for the layout and the butterflies - you can see the challenge here.

 

I have used Basic Black for the base of my card, added a layer of Whisper White card stock and some of the Speciality DSP Mocha Morning.

 

I created a tag and then created a border on the bottom with the Eyelet Boarder Punch.  My splash of colour is More Mustard and  I have used a dauber to add some ink to the edges of the tag.

 

I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die and created some butterflies in Basic Black, More Mustard and Whisper White.  I created three butterflies, layered them together using the three colours and added some ‘bling’ to the top layer.

 

The top of the tag has some ribbon- Basic Black Grosgrain and Whisper White Taffeta.  The sentiment is from the Tagtastic Hostess set.

 

The Tag, sentiment and butterflies were added to the card using dimensionals.

 

Here is my card….

 

 

P1000220_edited

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Tagtastic Hostess Set

Card: Basic Black, More Mustard, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, More Mustard

Accessories:  1/4” (6.4 mm) Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, 3/8” (1 cm) Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Mocha Morning Speciality DSP, Daubers, Large Oval Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I am happy with the card, it looks a little elegant – maybe its the black flocking on the paper?  LOL

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

The Play Date Cafe Challenge – Black and White with a Splash of Colour

CASE Study Challenge – # 91

My Craft Spot Challenges - #56 Congratulations

Ooh La La Creations Challenges – Ribbon and/or Twine

 

Keep safe and keep creating, see you next time…. Meg

4 comments:

Christina said...

This is so pretty and elegant with the damask background and splash of color from the butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful card! It has butterflies but would be perfect for a man too! Thanks for playing :)

GiGi said...

Ohh this is so pretty! I love the layered butterflies and the splashes of color. Gorgeous job! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Daniele said...

just loving your tag, love the layered butterflies, so glad you joined us at OLL this week
hugs

Post a Comment