07 March 2012

Field of Flowers

Hi everyone,

 

I have been away for a few days celebrating my birthday and I have had a great time which included my my sister flying up for Melbourne to spend the weekend.

 

I caught up with my friends whom I stamp with on Friday night and had birthday cake and a cup of Tea.  Then last night I had a long talk to my best friend that lives in London.

 

This is the first chance I have had to do some crafting and I created a card with the Field Flowers stamp set.  It is a lovely 2 step stamp set and I have also used some of the Lucky Limeade Organdy Ribbon that is  in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue.

 

I have taken my colour inspiration from the Play Date Cafe challenge and the sketch inspiration from Moving Along with the Times.  The colours used were Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Lucky Limeade.

 

 

IMG_2005_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Field Flowers

Card: Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Regal Rose

Accessories:  1/8” (3.2 mm) Lucky Limeade Organdy Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folders,  Curly Label Punch, 1-3/4” (4.4 cm) Circle Punch, Basic Rhinestones,  Dazzling Diamonds, SNAIL Adhesive

 

Unfortunately you cannot see from the photo the Dazzling Diamonds that I added to the centre of the larger flower and on the top of the smaller blossom.  There is always room for more bling of course  :)

 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

 

The Play Date Cafe – Colour Challenge #121

Moving Along with the Times – Sketch Challenge

Stampin for the Weekend – Bingo Challenge #4, I picked Ribbons, Glitter, Flowers

Simon Says Stamp Challenge – Anything Goes

Our Creative Corner – Making Melody, song is Fields of Flowers by Sixpence None the Richer

Crazy Catz Weekly Challenges - #122 Punches and Dies

Hotshot Craft Blog Challenge – # 5 Ribbons

Polka Doodles – Week 9 Polkadots, Stripes or both

Divas by Design – Spots or Stripes or both

Pile it On – # 10 Are We Seeing Spots or Stripes or Both?

 

This is a nice little card and I am happy with the end result.

 

Thanks for visiting, I hope that you been inspired a little ? If so go and start creating :)

 

See you next time….. Meg

11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Meighan. How pretty is that stamp, and I love your take on the sketch. Very pretty against that background. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, WOW this is super what a great card and I love the CAS fresh feel to it.thanks for playing with my sketch on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxo

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Sounds like you had a fab birthday hun! Happy belated birthday wishes from me!

Gorgeous card, just love the soft colours & the flower is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Meg, I love that stamp and the colours you've used :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Pami said...

Super card Meg, gorgeous image! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

PS - I have some blog candy if you are interested.

Debs said...

Beautiful card - love the flower stamp.
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

carol said...

simple and Beautiful! thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

Scrumplescrunch said...

Happy belated Birthday Meighan. Your Flower is just so Gorgeous coloured up in the Blushing bride, a lovely card.
Thank you so much for joinIng us at OCC this week, we are so pleased to see your card.
Smiles:)

Mynn xx said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVE the dry embossing and the little rhinestones! :)

Sarah said...

Such a super card. thank you for joining us at HSC craft for our Ribbon challenge

hugs Sarah x

K Clark said...

love the image and the colouring... thanks for joining us at Pile it on and I hope to see you join again next week - Kimberly DT

Post a Comment