23 April 2011

Friends

Hi everyone,

 

It has been an interesting week, I have been in Melbourne and on the return trip unfortunately we were delayed about 2.5 hours getting back to Sydney on Tuesday night.  As there had been a Security issue in Sydney earlier in the day.

 

At one stage we were told that we would not get back to Sydney before curfew (that’s 11 pm) but we did get back with about 15 minutes to spare.

 

So many people were inconvenienced and some have only just been reallocated flights, so I cannot complain too much.

 

With the late return on Tuesday night and trying to squeeze in 5 days of work into two on Wednesday and Thursday, I have not had a much time or energy to do any crafting.

 

But this evening (Good Friday), I have managed to create a quick card for the following challenges:

 

Card Patterns Sketch 111

 

 

 

and Flutter by Wednesday open challenge and with this challenges there is always a need for a butterfly but for me that is not hard :)

 

and Just Add Ink – Mateship/Friendship for Anzac Day challenge

 

My card has some of the wonderful Elegant Soiree DSP and I taken the colour inspiration for my card from this paper which is Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Basic Grey.

 

IMG_1560_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Great Friend, Hello Again

Card: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake,
Ink: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze

Accessories:  Lots of Tags Sizzlits 4-Pack Dies, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I have used Soft Suede for the base of my card and the friendship sentiment from the Great Friend stamp set.

 

I had forgotten about the Lots of Tags 4-Pack Dies which go through the Big Shot and make a quick label for any card or creative project, so I am happy to have used it in this card.

 

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment and don’t leave it too long before your next visit.

 

Have a great Easter!  Meg x

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card..love the color combo! thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the colours Meighan, a lovely cas card, thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Love the little butterflies ..so cute! Thanks for playing with us at JAI.

Anna said...

Beautiful card. So nice and soft. Thanks for sharing with us at Flutter By Wednesday.

Post a Comment